You hear your favorite guitar
players mute guitar strings ….Check it out!!
- You can mute guitar strings the with the left
hand, right side of the palm, or a combination of
- Practice string muting with the left hand
first (SEE PICTURE 1).
- Lay any or all fingers across
the guitar strings at the same time that you
release the pressure on the guitar chord.
- When you get good with that, try muting with the
right palm (SEE PICTURE 2). Do
this just like the Palm muting (See Palm muting)
, but put the palm down on the
strings wherever your right hand happens to be
- Strum the mute the exact same way that you would
strum a guitar chord, but use more wrist since
your palm is on the strings.
|Check out these songs with mute strumming|
|All The Small Things – Blink 182|
|Proud Mary – Credence Clearwater Revival|
|Nirvana – Smells like Teen Spirit|
A mute strum is written with an “x” notehead
- Practice these slowly at first without the
metronome – keep a steady beat
- Practice the strums with the metronome
- Practice it with distortion and without