Slides are one of the easier guitar techniques to play
and one of the coolest! In this lesson, learn how to play a slide
in a guitar lick!
- Begin each slide from the 1st fret
- Quickly slide your finger up to the fret # specified
Be sure to keep the pressure on the guitar string
as you slide
The whole left hand should move when you slide
Let the note that you slide to ring for 1 to 2
Some of these slides are 2 frets long, others
are just 1 fret
Practice the E blues slide notes first,
then each guitar lick
E Blues Slide Notes
|Slide Lick 1||Slide Lick 2|
- Practice the slide notes before you start practicing
the guitar licks!
- Practice each lick 3 times in a row (keep a steady beat)
- Practice each lick 3 times in a row with the metronome
- Write out a slide lick with quarter notes and half notes.
- Then write out a slide lick using eighth notes, quarter
notes, and half notes
- After writing a couple of licks, try creating some on
the spot. Count the rhythm out loud as you play.
- Make sure your licks are 4 beats long