back to Guitar Tip Archives
Squire Strat/Stratocaster Models
Fender has spread the Stratocaster name out to the max. There
are at least three different Squire Strat guitars which are made
in Indonesia, Mexican-made Stratocaster models, and a long list
of American made Stratocasters such as the Stevie Ray Model and
the Highway-1 series.
Below is just a sampling of Fender's Stratocaster line:
The Squire Strat (made
Squire Affinity "Strat"-
This is the lowest-priced Squire. For the money, you couldn't ask
for a better starter guitar!
- Low-quality parts
- $150 - discounted retail price
Squire Standard Strat
This is a very large step up from the Affinity model. Most noticeably
in the wood quality and tone.
- Comes in Standard or '70's style (larger headstock)
- Choice of 3 single-coil pickups or two humbucking pickups on
the '70's model.
- $230 for '70's single-coil model.
Mexican Stratocaster Models
Now you're looking at better materials still..standard strat pickups,
- $349 - 3 single-coil pickup model.
Deluxe Powerhouse Strat
Get ready for some nice tone! This model gives
you a lot more excellent features and the price that goes with it!
- Acive 12db gain boost control.
- Powerhouse single-coil pickups with a master hum canceling coil!
USA Stratocaster Models
Stevie Ray Vaughan Strat
This strat has the look! Stevie helped design this one and Fender
included many of Stevie's favorite features.
Fender Highway-1 Stratocaster
Born in the USA! This one is a beauty..high resonance, low gloss,
acrylic lacquer finish!
Have you had arm or hand problems?